Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday Spread: Meal Prep

One way that I make my work week much easier, is to meal prep on the weekend.  This cuts down on morning stress, and eliminates eating out.  Except for In-N-Out, because she's my mistress.  Or I'm her bitch.  I'm not sure which.

I go to one grocery store once a week and get everything I need (you can read about that process here).  Of course, there are trips here and there if we run out of something.  And then there's Costco.  And Target.

Some people coupon and go to different stores.  If that works for you, that is wonderful!  Do that!

After the kids are in bed, I basically unload the groceries from the fridge and cabinets.  My counter looks like a bomb exploded.

I eat breakfast, lunch, and snacks at work.  Those are the meals I prep.  I divide the cottage cheese or greek yougurt into portion sized containers.  I place frozen fruit into snack bags.  I put all of my fresh fruits and veggies into snack sized bags.  Then I put them into organizational fridge containers.

Usually, when I'm making or cleaning up dinner, I grab one of everything (berries, cottage cheese, nuts, grapes, oranges, carrots, hummus, lettuce, cucumber, chicken), put it in my lunch bag, and I'm done!

Right now I am using plastic bags.  This is not ideal.  I do reuse when it is sanitary to do so.  I have some containers that I think will work, I just haven't gotten out of my routine to try it.

I set a water bottle, banana, and avocado on the corner of the counter, ready to be added to my lunch bag before I leave.  It's not complicated at all, and it really makes life so much easier!

1 comment: