Friday, February 26, 2016

Party Planning: 5 Year Old Minnie Birthday Party

Last year, we took a family trip to Disneyland (you can ready about the planning tips for that trip here, here, and here!).  Our daughter turned five just a few days after we returned, and I knew a Minnie Mouse party would be just perfect for her!

I made the invitations based on this invite.  I copied it exactly.

Decor was very simple.  I made a tassel banner from tissue paper, purchased black tablecloth, paper plates, utensils, and cups, and pink polka dot napkins.  I also brought out her newborn photo and the wooden first initial I have in her room.  Just like I did for this party!  The white bows are hair clips!


 I pulled out pink, white, and black jelly beans from a container we had taken to Disneyland, and placed them in this apothecary jar.
 

We only served cake at this party.  Sometimes I will do chips and dip or candy, but this time we kept it very simple.  Please note, if you only serve cake, you need to have your party at a time when food is not expected.  I would recommend 2pm-5pm.

Our cake lady made the cake and decorated it with the little candy balls.  I had a Minnie headband from a dress up costume that I just popped into the top of the cake!


I served Sprite in one container and pink lemonade in the other.

The children played pin the bow on Minnie.  I had foam board, made three black circles, and different colored bows.  As the children arrived, I had them decorate their bows. 



I love the way the goodie bags turned out!  I purchased black bags with handles, cut out pink rectangles, the bow, and white dots.  I glued everything onto the bags.


Inside the bags were Play Doh (you can read about why I give those out here), silly putty, a ring, a Minnie gummy, sticker sheet, blowie thing, and a Minnie ear headband that I made!

I purchased black headbands and pink polka dot ribbon.  I had black felt from a ghost costume I made for my daughter for Halloween.  I cut the felt into ear shapes, folded them over the headband, and hot glued them together.  Then I tied the ribbon in the center and hot glued it into place!



I hope you gained some ideas for your next Minnie Birthday Party!

1 comment:

  1. This Minnie mouse birthday party is just outstanding and everything looked great. I can clearly imagine how much awesome this party would have been! I will be celebrating my nephew’s 4th birthday at one of local party venue NYC. Hopefully will get one soon.

    ReplyDelete