Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Craft: Adjustable DIY Gold Crown

I made this crown to go with my daughter's Cinderella dress up dress.  She was Cinderella for Halloween, and already had the dress.  I wanted to make a unique crown to go with her costume.

You could make this any time to add to your child's dress up wardrobe!  It's not just for Halloween.

I went to the craft store and purchased a lace that a crown like design.  I didn't want something that was flat on both sides.  I already had the Mod Podge and gold spray paint.

I laid the lace out flat on a piece of cardboard and brushed it heavily with Mod Podge.  I let it dry, then flipped it over and did the same thing on the other side.  When that was dry, I measured it around my daughter's head and fastened it with a safety pin.

Next, I took it outside, set it upright (as shown in the pic) and sprayed it gold.  It only took one coat.  I kept the safety pin in.  It wasn't even visible, and allowed me to adjust the size based on how her hair was fixed.  NOTE:  I did not leave the crown in their dress up bin.  I kept it on the counter, out of reach, and allowed her to play with it when I could supervise!



So simple, and she just loved wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment