Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Whip Into Shape Wednesday: Five Favorite Yoga Poses

One of my favorite things to do for my overall fitness and health is yoga.  One day I will talk about my yoga journey.  I would encourage you to try yoga.  You don't have to go to a class (I have never stepped foot into a yoga studio), you can do it all in your own house!  You don't need any equipment, not even a yoga mat.  Just do it on a towel, or even the carpet.

Today I am sharing five of my favorite poses.  I have about a billion favorites, it was difficult to narrow it down to only five.  This will have to be a series!  I have linked to sites that will tell you the proper technique to get into these poses.


 This one is a heart opener, and it feels like a really good morning stretch.
I also think it is a beautiful pose.

 This is a favorite of mine because it was a challenge that I had to conquer.  It took me two months, which doesn't sound like a long time.  But when you try something every day and fail every day, sixty days feels like a really long time.  The hard work I put into it made me really proud of myself when I finally accomplished it.

 This one is a great stretch for the legs.  Can you tell I like to stretch?!

 Quite a mouthful for that one!  You should see the actual name of the pose - Utthita Parsvakonasana!  I like binding poses.  Because, no surprise here, they provide a good stretch!  This one works your entire body.  Impressive!

This pose is similar to the first one, in that it feels like a good stretch.  This pose is a challenge for me because I have to trust my body when I lean back.  I have a fear that I will fall, so my arms don't really want to go back this way.  I have fallen, and guess what?  I'm still here.  So up we go again, learning to trust ourselves.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment