Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Craft: Hand Ring Holder

Making Christmas crafts with my kids is one of my favorite things to do.  They make the best gifts for grandparents, and it is a terrific way to connect and engage with your kids.

Last year, I had them make hand shaped ring dishes.  I found this idea on Pinterest (obv).

Following the directions, I picked up the air drying clay from Michael's Craft Store.  I had them lay their hands on the clay and used a plastic knife to make indentations around their fingers.  Then I pulled their hand off and finished cutting out the shape.  I molded the hand around my son's Pokeballs!

After a couple of days, I pulled the hands off and had the girls paint them.  This was their favorite part, as they love painting!


Do you ever have leftover paper plate or bowls from birthday parties?  This is perfect for dropping a few dabs of paint for this kind of project.  Easy cleanup - just throw away the plate when you are done!

Another tip - use an old fitted sheet over your kitchen table.  It will (mostly) protect your table, you can throw it in the washer when you are done, and it is reusable!


I used miniature twine to wrap a note on a tag around one of the fingers.  I don't remember what I said, but something like, "Grandmas hold our tiny hands for a little while, but our hearts forever."  Wrap it up, and you're all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment