Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Spread: Gluten Free Stiry Fry

I have a new favorite menu item.  It is great for using up all of the random leftover items in your fridge.  I make this at the end of each week and eat it for lunch at work on Monday.

I can follow a recipe, and often I need a recipe, but this one is difficult to mess up.  I made it on the fly, so I don't have measurements for you.  I would caution you to go light on the soy sauce.  You can always add more.  If you need measurements for the foundation of yours, try this one.  You can make it vegetarian or with meat.

Here are possible ingredient options:

Cooked spaghetti squash (you could use cooked rice)
Carrots, chopped, raw
Celery, chopped, raw
String beans, ends pulled off
Zucchini, shredded
Onion, raw, minced
Meat, cooked
Lemon juice
Gluten free soy sauce
Spices (I use seasoned salt and cumin)

Other items you could add:  broccoli, asparagus, peppers, mushrooms, garlic.

Have all of your veggies prepped before you start cooking.













Cook the heartiest veggies first.  Pour some olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.  Once warm, add onion, carrots, and celery.





Once those start to get tender, add the other veggies (except for the zucchini and spaghetti squash).  I like my string beans crispy.  Asparagus, too.  If you like them soft, add them ^^in this step.  Stir.  This should cook for a few minutes.  Then add the zucchini/spaghetti squash/rice, and any cooked meat you want in the dish.  Add spices, lemon juice, a little soy sauce, and a little water.

This is the finished result!  It is delicious!



The only downside to this dish is using all of the leftovers in the fridge makes for a lot of containers to wash.  Thank goodness for dishwashers!






What is your favorite way to use leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment