Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Musings: On My Mind

What else would Monday Musings be other than what is "on my mind"?  I had writer's block for the title.  It happens.

My most recent Google searches are the best way to find out what is on my mind!

"how to publish a podcast" - my son is obsessed with listening to podcasts.  I try to encourage him to explore his passions.  He is currently coming up with a list of podcast sessions to broadcast, while I try to figure out how to publish them.  I'm really excited to see what he comes up with!

"hypermiling" - have you heard of this?  It is "...an attempt to maximize gas mileage by making fuel conserving adjustments to one's vehicle..." {New Oxford American Dictionary}  Basically, this means being a good driver.  Using cruise control and accelerating slowly from red lights can result in over 35% better gas mileage for some vehicles.  That's pretty incredible!

"purple dot yoga"  - this musing is super dear to my heart.  I have lost two friends to domestic violence.  Please read here for information about what an abusive relationship looks like.  If you or someone you know needs help, PLEASE call the National Domestic Hotline (800.799.7233).

"printable emotions inside out"  - have you seen Disney's Inside Out?  I absolutely love this movie.  It is a magnificent way for children to understand emotions and memories.  This sorting game expands on that.

"white chocolate pumpkin cups" - I am conflicted between wanting to stay away from sugar and wanting to make these and eat them all.

"divergent bird symbolism" - have you read the Divergent series, or watched any of the movies?  The black birds freak me out, and they are consistent throughout the series, so I wanted to know what they symbolized.

What's on your mind?  What are you researching?  Comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment