Monday, November 18, 2013

Clothing Layout, With Options

Have you downloaded your November 2013 Master Calendar yet? The ENTIRE 2014 year Master Calendar is in my Etsy shop - check it out! Also, do you follow me on Instagram? I have some great Planner Organization goodies available there. My goal this weekend is to play catch up on Instagram for the Planner Addicts Photo a Day November Challenge!

Google searches:

"zentangle" (I want to do one of these myself, they are amazing)
"how to say no to people who want advice on your business" (researching info for a friend)
"infamous definition" and "verbosity definition" (my son got a hold of my phone!)
"black friday ads" (great deals out there)
"like a boss mug" (Christmas shopping for my boss)
"what does hbd mean" (happy birthday, because it's just too hard to say the whole thing)
"hyperbole and a half" (amazing blog)
"organizing 3 dinners in one hour"

What did you research today?

If you are following along on the Master Calendar, let's talk about laying out your clothes for the week. I know this can be difficult for a few reasons.

1. I have young children who like to choose their own clothes. Since my husband is not working right now, we have the luxury of time in the morning. He can allow them to pick their own (weather appropriate) clothing. And my son is old enough to pick out his own clothes. He is also an early riser for now, so he has plenty of time to pick out his clothes in the morning.

When my husband and I were both working, I would pack the diaper bag the night before. I made sure it was stocked with diapers, diaper cream, sippy cups, snacks, a few changes of clothes, pajamas, underwear, extra socks, extra shoes, binkies, etc. WHEW! Did I forget anything? Probably. WIPES! I did this Sunday night. Then I organized clothes for each day of the week for each of the little ones. I stacked them on that top shelf in their closet in order. Each night, I emptied the diaper bag and replace the dirty clothes with the new stack, and double check the diaper/wipe quantity, and the binky count.

2. Yourself. We are our own worst enemies. You could pick out the most perfectly coordinated outfits for the entire week, and on Tuesday morning you wake up feeling bloated, or tired, or fat, or skinny, or in a bad mood, or a good mood, or a blah mood, or it's sunny and you thought it was going to rain, or your kids are cranky, or you ran out of eggs for breakfast, and the outfit you picked today is stupid, and the rest of the outfits are stupid, and all of your clothes are stupid, and can't we just live in a world where we can wear the same "never seen yoga" yoga pants every single day, and NOBODY JUDGES YOU?!?!?

IF it works for you, lay out your clothes and your children's clothes for the entire week. Here are some suggestions on how to do this:

Check out this FABULOUS closet makeover and outfit "notes" system.

This blog cracks me up about how to become a grown up.

For yourself and the kids.

Of course Apartment Therapy has some good tips on this topic.

If this doesn't work for you, then you're a total failure at life.  JUST KIDDING.  Here is what I suggest. Find out what DOES work for you. You might have to try a few things to figure it out. I used to plan all of the clothes, which is why it is on my Master Calendar. Sometimes I would get away from that system, so I put it on my calendar in November so that I could focus and get back to it before the holidays are here and life is crazy (-ier than usual).

Maybe picking one outfit the night before will work for you. Maybe thinking about your closet and what's clean and the weather and your bloatedness while you shower will work for you. Maybe ironing everything on Saturday will work for you. Maybe having your kids help will work for you (probably not, but hey, try it and see what happens). Maybe having your husband whistle at you while you get dressed will work for you. Maybe picking out the kids' clothes and winging it for yourself will work for you.

Let me know what system works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment