Friday, October 25, 2013

My Next Project

Lately, I have been feeling overwhelmed. I have my day job projects under control. But I have too many projects at home that I want to work on simultaneously, and it just turns into my wheels spinning, spinning, spinning, getting nowhere, getting frustrated. I do a little bit of one project here, one project there, but nothing is really getting accomplished.

I haven't even googled anything in the last two days! That's how I knew something was really wrong.

What do I need to do to regroup? Organize, of course! I need to make a list of each project, and the steps needed to complete them. Then take ONE STEP at a time, and finish the projects, one at a time. This will allow me to give quality attention to each detail needed to be thorough in my projects.

I decided to create a printable for this. It is small enough to fit in my daily planner. I will always have it with me, so I can add notes/projects as I think of them. I actually saw a similar printable when I googled this, but the website no longer existed, so I had to recreate the printable. Please click HERE to download your FREE "My Next Project" printable!!!



This week, a friend asked for help with putting together a budget printable. This is a great idea, something I have been doing for a few years now. I cannot tell you how eye opening it is to write down EVERY SINGLE purchase I make. It truly makes me think twice before I put something in my cart at the grocery store. Additionally, for bigger ticket items, or something I say I "need", but isn't really required for survival, I have a "30 Days List". I write the date and the item. If I am still DYING for the item thirty days after I write it down, I buy it (IF I can afford it at that time). Most of the time, I am over it! The impulse buy is POWERFUL. Don't let it steal your money!



I created a budget template for all of 2014, PLUS the last two months for 2013, so that you can get a jump start on organizing your finances before the new year! Available in my Etsy shop for less than a rotisserie chicken!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment