Thursday, September 12, 2013

One Step

I wanted to start blogging again for quite some time.  Writing is a great creative outlet for me.  Deciding what to focus on has been a challenge. My family recently purchased a home, and we have been doing many DIY projects.  I want to share those projects.  Additionally, I work outside the home full time, have three children, a husband, a dog, and a household to run!  Luckily for me, I love organizing and creating organizational procedures (can you say, hello spreadsheets?!), which makes my life easier.  I am so excited to share this passion with you, and I hope to help you be passionate about organizing as well! I chose the blog title (well, one of my best girlfriends suggested it) "Googling Goddess" because I Google EVERYTHING. I'm not kidding. When people say, "How would your friends describe you?", my response is, "Someone who Googles." I have a curious mind, and I love learning new things. But beware - not everything you find online is true! Or so I hear. Speaking of which, have you seen this commercial? HILARIOUS. And so me. (P.S. I googled to get the link to that video...)

I had a baby in June of 2012. My third, last, final baby (no really, I'm fine *sniff sniff*). She has been a challenge in the sleep department. At 15 months old, she is better at sleeping, but still not great. Enough, though, that I have just enough energy to spare to make coffee and start organizing my life almost like I did prior to having children.

Life can be hectic! Being organized helps ever so much to keep my sanity. Do you know what I do NOT have control over? Grape juice (okay, red wine) spills on the carpet in the playroom, my chocolate lab puppy barreling through the screen door, or my almost three year old having an absolute "someone is murdering me" screaming meltdown because her older brother LOOKED AT HER (GASP!). What I DO have control over is what I write in my planner, checking things off my To Do list, and placing Post-Its at a perfect 90 degree angle. And it feels good to have some control.

Where does one start when it comes to organization? With one step. I am hoping you can watch me take one step at a time and follow along, sharing your own success stories. My first step was to come up with a Master Calendar. I know this sounds more like a 5k instead of one step. But I wanted one place that I could go take that one step each day. Each page is one month. Each month lists the following:

1. What is in season to plant in my garden (specific to the Zone I live in - Zone 9)
2. Produce in season to purchase (which is priced less than out of season produce)
3. Items in season to purchase (did you know that some months are better than others to buy a boat?)
4. Daily Zone cleaning (more on this later)
5. Monthly items (i.e., car and home maintenance, etc.)
6. Seasonal (related to upcoming holidays)
7. 15 minute daily projects


I want to go through this Master Calendar together with you this year, getting you the tools you need and tweaking them to work for you. The first tool is the Master Calendar.

The entire calendar for 2014 is being offered in my Etsy shop for just three dollars! That's less than my favorite order at Starbucks for all twelve months! And because I know everyone is in different stages of life with different interests and needs, I would absolutely LOVE to talk to you about making a customized Master Calendar to fit your EXACT needs. Send me a convo on Etsy, message me on Facebook, or e-mail me at googlinggoddess {at} yahoo {dot} com. I cannot wait to hear from you!

39 comments:

  1. candleofthoughts (at) yahoo (dot) com thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mbryant104 (at) cinci (dot) rr (dot) com

    AWESOME!!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mamasitail (at) msn (dot) com

    Love how you did the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beckyfdavis (at) comcast (dot) net

    I liked you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kim(dot)msjmom(at)gmail(dot)com

    Thank you so much. Liked you on facebook and followed you on pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  6. janice.olick (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. Subscribed with pleasure.

    kathipink {at} gmail {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing!!! These are BEAUTIFUL! :) Subscribed, Liked you on facebook and following on Pinterest :)

    Ashley (at) readrateandreview (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. alchimieventi (at) gmail (dot) com

    Liked you on facebook and follow you in pinterest, thank you!

    Claudia Carbonara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much! I'm now following you on Pintrest, maybe you can follow me back! hehe!

    Can't wait to see it- I'm sure I'll be buying them all!

    robynbrennan1 gmail com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Your design is a very creative one. I'm eager to see the details more fully. I am following you on Pinterest and following your blog.

    donna_shops [at] myfairpoint [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you I can't wait to recieve this file!!! I am following you in Pinterest

    Trying2keepup(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fellow planner addict here! Please send to spartangrace at gmail dot com. I'm following via Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for this beautiful layout. I need someone to help me organize my life!! LOL...I've pinned you and facebooked you!

    JanieGrohman@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Following you on pinterest! Thank you!
    myrnab at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pinterest! Robynsrce(at)yahoo(dot)com
    Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ksgurley {at} yahoo {dot} com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pinterest linzaleetus (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  19. wiest9 (at) Hotmail (dot) com
    following on facebook and pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  20. mariagortega (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  21. chrissy{dot}logan{dot}76{at}aol{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  22. following you on everything except instagram--can't figure that one out. :) CME1976(at)aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you!!
    fccf123 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome! Thanks!
    ckhumphrey14 {at} yahoo {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  25. littletonechka {at} gmail {dot} com
    Following you on FB, instagram and pintrest!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I subscribed to your blog. Thanks! scscgirl {at} earthlink {dot} net

    ReplyDelete
  27. I seem to be following you everywhere. Love these! glauren1130(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jsinger418@aol.com I did all of them!
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much for the free printable! I'm contemplating buying all of 2014, but I'm curious to see about the daily zones...and the garden stuff doesn't really pertain to me (live in a different zone)...so maybe I'll contact you about a custom calendar in the upcoming months! :)

    clynngraham {at} gmail {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW Thank you!
    meekingsley (at) Hotmail,com

    ReplyDelete