Sunday, September 15, 2013

15 Minute Sneak

We love football at our house! I hate missing the game, so I pick up and organize during halftime. Between that and getting snacks/meals for the kids, I have about fifteen minutes to get stuff done. Today, I attacked under the bathroom sinks and the top of our dresser. I also cleaned and organized the kitchen junk drawer, but I'm so ninja fast, I didn't get to take pictures of the before! Check out the before and after photos below.


Here are the steps I took:

1. Grab a trash can.
2. Empty everything from the cupboard/drawer/top of dresser.
3. As you go, throw away garbage and things that are broken.
4. Make a separate pile for things that do not belong in this location.
5. Clean the emptied vessel.
6. Put the items that belong back in a neat and tidy order. Place items you use often in front for easy access. Store "like items" together.

I have random storage containers from various purchases over the years that I make work. It is not the uniformed look that I would like to have ultimately, but it is better than the mess I had previously. Don't let your lack of cute storage containers stop you from getting your cupboards organized! Once you have things put away in an organized manner, you will have a better idea what type of storage containers will work for you.

Whoops! Sidetracked! Back to the to do list...

7. Empty the trash can and place back where it belongs.
8. Put away the stray items that didn't belong.
9. Do your touchdown dance! YOU'RE DONE!!!
10. Enjoy your new clean space!
11. Go watch the end of the game.

Show me what you can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment